Did you know that Palm Oil is the fastest growing oil behind coconut oil?
Palm oil is used mainly as a cooking oil, just like any of your regular vegetable oil for frying, cooking etc. It is highly revered or respected in the West- African cuisine and households.
Our Palm Oil is obtained from the fruit of the oil palm tree. People spanning the coastal regions of West and Central Africa have recognized the benefits of Palm Oil as a “sacred food” for over 4,000 years.
Palm Oil Health Benefits
Studies have found that unrefined palm oil plays a role in boosting cardiovascular health. In one study published in the British Journal of Biomedical Science, it was reported that despite the high levels of saturated fat in palm oil, the oil did not contribute to atherosclerosis and/or arterial thrombosis. Researchers suggested that this is due to the ratio of saturated to unsaturated fats in the oil, as well as its rich nutrient profile.
The tocotrienols found in palm oil also help support the heart against stress, suggesting its protective properties against heart disease . Other cardiovascular benefits associated with palm oil consumption include improved blood circulation, regulated cholesterol levels, reduced free
radical damage and inflammation, and reduced blood pressure.
The Palm Oil is a rich source of:
● Vitamin E (particularly tocotrienol)
● Vitamin K
● Phenolic acids
Palm Oil Uses
● Cooking oil: Similar to coconut oil, Palm Oil is resistant to heat compared to other vegetable oils. Its stability also makes it easy to store at room temperature for many months.
● Tasty ingredient: Palm Oil is used as an ingredient in soups and sauces, or as flavoring in certain dishes.
● Personal care and household products: Palm Oil is added to soaps and detergents, cosmetics, and other household products.
● Skin moisturizer: Due to its nutrientdense profile, Palm Oil is beneficial for skin health. It is added to a number of skin care products.
● Biofuel: Palm oil is fast becoming a resource for biodiesel and as a fuel in electrical stations.
Naturalike Palm Oil
At Naturalike, we source all of our Palm Oil directly from the finest farms in Nigeria. We take the time to form close relationships with local Nigerian farmers to ensure that we are providing you with the 100% natural goodness and high quality product that we have become know to deliver.